Thursday, November 4, 2010

the one who laughs together with you


Maybe that title seems a little bit weird, what I meant is that it is quite a task to find someone who have the same sense of humour, the same kind of interests, the same background of knowledge as you.

There are times when you are watching a movie together, something you find so funny and worth laughing might not have the same reaction to others. I find myself in this kind of situation all the time. I can laugh thousands of times when watching "Friends" while my friends being silence at the same time. Or at times they are laughing at somehing that I have no clue of why. Compare to this, it seems much more easier for us to find someone who would share tears together with you, as the commen sense of tragedy is deep inside of us all.

So when friends ask me to recommend something like movies or music or even books, I always find it so difficult that I turn to recommend something classic like ancient stuff or something I know they have already seen before. I know, I know, I'm not suppose to be so unconcerned, but I have my excuse, the truth is I don't want to disappoint them, or more importantly, I refuse to have disappointment back to me from their feedbacks, what a great way to be retreatism!! I know!!

I can make a list of people whom I find amazing and willing to share thoughts with, which is not a long list at all. but whose list would turn out to be longer anyway, the searching of finding someone like that is just an endless process, and we can not ask anyone even our closest friends to be exactly the one, or think in a different way - lots of things out there which are only meant to be enjoyed alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment