Thursday, November 11, 2010

on a rainy day

Thundering and raining outside, this is probably the last rain we could get this year, so stop complaining and trying to enjoy it.

What are other people doing on rainy days, I don’t know, but for me, it is a good time to have a cup of coffee and just lying in the couch, whether or not having a book within reach, that doesn’t really matter anymore.

As I’m making a new career plan recently, I kept asking myself that how does this engineering thing turn out to be my profession, was it my dream in the first place, where am I going with it. I’m not trying to find excuses for my doubt, but I’m pretty sure that lots of people have the same questions in their own life, but it takes too much risk to make a change or turn all over for a fresh start, after all it never is easy to draw on a blank paper hesitating where to start the first line.

Involving in this engineering field, I constantly compare myself with others, am I doing a good job now, was it good enough to do this way, five years from now where will I be. Sometimes I could drive myself crazy going through these thoughts, then my retreatism-period-of-time would start, a way to resume my spirits and strength over years of self training, I can’t say it’s right to do so, but everyone needs their own place of Shangri-la once in a while, I’m no exception either.

With the scent of coffee around me, I’m whining on this particular rainy day, to relieve part of the stress off my shoulder, and to cheer myself up for tomorrow’s sunshine. All in all, tomorrow is another day.

1 comment: