Thursday, September 16, 2010

Recall of the faraway house


This picture reminds me of the old house I had lived for almost 16 years, from a baby to a teenager girl. My mom always tells me about the old times story, how she met my dad, what was her life looked like when she was a young girl, and all the little details after she got married to my dad, their honeymoon to Beijing, how my dad and my grandpa built the house together, I remember that she said my dad spent almost all his after work spare time to build the house just before I was born, he wanted us to be able to move in before little baby came out. I liked the house a lot, so many wonderful things happended there, going to the back yard to stole soya beans, catching dragonfly every summer, wating for the cherry to grow big and red enought to eat, treasure hunt in the storage occasionally, there were so many interesting things in there, I thought I could stay there for the whole day without boredom. After we moved out, I actually went back a few times just to see the house outside of the front gate, wondering whether the new owner had treat it well, to my big disappointment, they cut all the fruit trees, the plum tree, the crabapple tree and the cherry tree, even the grap vine was gone. I tell myself that one day I will repurchase the house, I know every single bricks, every spot around that place, plus incalculable memories. It has been so long since my last visit to that little hometown, almost 3 years I suppose, not to mention thinking of the house, seeing this picture, all my old time happiness and sprightliness flood out like the plants bloom in spring time that no matter how strong power you got, there is still nothing you can do about it, the only thing I can do for now is typing, typing and typing, to record all my feelings, my eager for the young version of me, puerility, lively and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment